The Chapel Hill Cheetahs is open to all boys and girls, ages 10 and up, who are part of a registered homeschool. Runners are not required to be Deerstream students. Students ages 10-middle school compete in a 2 mile race, while high school students compete in a 5K (3.1 miles).
Our team welcomes runners of all abilities. The goal of cross country is to challenge yourself to improve and to encourage your teammates!
Summer Cross Country Practices will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8-9 AM beginning on Monday, July 11 at Cedar Falls Park (501 Weaver Dairy Road, Chapel Hill). This park has a nice shaded playground area and restrooms, so it’s a pleasant place for parents and siblings to wait while the team practices. Runners should come to as many practices as they can, and Coach Williamson will give them workouts to do on off days. At the same time, we know folks will be in and out of town for vacations, and that’s just fine!
- Mondays and Wednesdays, 7:45-8:45 AM at the Chapel Hill Bible Church. Deerstream students can bring a towel and a change of clothes and will have some time to cool down and change before classes begin.
- Thursdays, 1-2:15 PM at the Chapel Hill Bible Church. Thursday Deerstream students can stay for lunch and get changed for practice.
Meets are held from August-October against other area teams. The season concludes with the NCHE State meet on October 7 in Greensboro.
- The cost to participate for the season is $200 which includes the use of a uniform.
- Runners will need a medical form signed by a doctor to participate.
- Questions? Contact coach TimWilliamson at email@example.com.
- Registration opens May 3.